[Gta04-owner] qtmoko-navit: Gui blocks in town search in binfile maps.

Stefan Wildemann stefan.wildemann at metalstrolche.de
Mon Feb 18 14:23:51 CET 2013

Am 18.02.2013 14:01, schrieb Radek Polak:

> On Monday, February 18, 2013 01:54:49 PM Stefan Wildemann wrote:
>
> > Hi together,
>

> > I recently upgraded my device to v52 armhf version of qtmoko, finding
>
> > that qtmoko-navit is no longer usable because it "hangs" during town
>
> > search gui. Same applies to all versions since the qt upgrade, I think.
>
> > Did not update for quite a time.
>

> > It seems that navit internal gui keyboard doesn't interrupt the town
>
> > search algorithm. Next letter gets visible once search algorithm has
>
> > stopped running. This can take quite a long time of course. This must
>
> > have something to do with QT event system. I double checked (and somwhow
>
> > workarounded) my binfile by building stock navit (from SVN) on vanilla
>
> > debian-armhf against stock libsdl which runs fine if replaced by
>
> > qtmoko-libsdl with some tricks. Unfortunately this doesn't behave nicely
>
> > with qtopia windowmanager.
>

> > Steps to reproduce:
>
> > - install qtmoko-navit.
>
> > - Download reasonable big binfile map. E.g. "Germany" from navit planet
>
> > extractor (http://maps9.navit-project.org/)
>
> > - point navit to this file in otherwise stock navit.xml file
>
> > - Run navit and try to search e.G. for "Kassel" in Germany.
>

> > Note it doesn't hang forever after entering the "k". After having found
>
> > and sorted all German cities with "K" it returns back to gui.
>

> > Can somebody on the list confirm this?
>
> Yup, it's known problem - i tried older navit build but had the same
> problem. Maybe it has something to do that QtMoko switched to glib
> mainloop. I havent looked at the source code yet - maybe well placed
> QApplication::processEvent() will do it... It shouldnt be hard to
> debug where the app is hanging while searching with gdb.
>
> Regards
>

> Radek

Well... at least I'm not gone mad.

Ok, let's fix it. Is there a description on how to correctly build
navit-qtmoko for armhf? Currently I'm trying to build qtmoko on my armhf
qemu box. Still building (since a day). I have absolutely no clue on how
doing things correctly in debian. I am used to Gentoo. Can I
cross-compile armhf as well? There's only a description on cross
compiling for armel. There seems to be no armhf cross compiler on emdebian.

Or plan B would be to better integrate sdl applications to qtmoko, The
sdl version is running smoothly beside not interacting with qtmoko. Is
there any description on building qtmoko libsdl? Btw. this may help the
other sdl applications too which suffer from the same problems.

Sorry if I'm just too stupid finding documentation.

Thank you,
Stefan