[Gta04-owner] qtmoko-navit: Gui blocks in town search in binfile maps.

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Feb 18 14:01:17 CET 2013

On Monday, February 18, 2013 01:54:49 PM Stefan Wildemann wrote:

> Hi together,
>
> I recently upgraded my device to v52 armhf version of qtmoko, finding
> that qtmoko-navit is no longer usable because it "hangs" during town
> search gui. Same applies to all versions since the qt upgrade, I think.
> Did not update for quite a time.
>
> It seems that navit internal gui keyboard doesn't interrupt the town
> search algorithm. Next letter gets visible once search algorithm has
> stopped running. This can take quite a long time of course. This must
> have something to do with QT event system. I double checked (and somwhow
> workarounded) my binfile  by building stock navit (from SVN) on vanilla
> debian-armhf against stock libsdl which runs fine if replaced by
> qtmoko-libsdl with some tricks. Unfortunately this doesn't behave nicely
> with qtopia windowmanager.
>
> Steps to reproduce:
> - install qtmoko-navit.
> - Download reasonable big binfile map. E.g. "Germany" from navit planet
> extractor (http://maps9.navit-project.org/)
> - point navit to this file in otherwise stock navit.xml file
> - Run navit and try to search e.G. for "Kassel" in Germany.
>
> Note it doesn't hang forever after entering the "k". After having found
> and sorted all German cities with "K" it returns back to gui.
>
> Can somebody on the list confirm this?

Yup, it's known problem - i tried older navit build but had the same problem.
Maybe it has something to do that QtMoko switched to glib mainloop. I havent
looked at the source code yet - maybe well placed QApplication::processEvent()
will do it... It shouldnt be hard to debug where the app is hanging while
searching with gdb.

Regards

Radek