[Gta04-owner] GTA04 & dead battery

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Feb 18 12:35:55 CET 2013

Am 18.02.2013 um 11:07 schrieb Neal H. Walfield:

> Hi,
>
> Early last year I got my gta04.  Unfortunately, I didn't have much
> time to play with it (but it did work).  I recently took it out again
> and found that the battery was dead---pressing the button didn't
> result in an obvious reaction.
>
> I recall reading on this list that I can still recharge the battery in
> the gta04, but it will take a lot longer, because it will only trickle
> charge until the device boots to Linux.  I left my gta04 connected to
> my computer for a week, but I never saw a reaction.  I then connected

Usually the battery charges with 300 mA in approx. 10 hours. So
30 mA trickle charge in 100 hours (4 days) should indeed suffice...

> it to a Nokia wall charger for a few days.  It's still there, but
> there still hasn't been a reaction.
>
> Any ideas on how to proceed?  Do I need a new battery?

Do you have a Voltmeter to check if there are between 2.6 and 4.2 V
on the outer two of the three pins of the battery (please don't short circuit!).

What could also be is that the firmware and/or SD card is also old.

dead battery + old firmware =: no reaction

The newer firmware is a little more robust (although still not perfect).

-- hns