[Gta04-owner] New "3.7-gta04" branch in my kernel tree.

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Fri Feb 15 05:04:33 CET 2013

Hi all,
 I've just created a new "3.7-gta04" branch in git://neil.brown.name/gta04

 It contains the 3.7-based kernel that was in my 'mainline' branch recently,
 but with a little bit of tidying up and some minor enhancements:

 - If no bq27000 battery charge monitor can be found, it is now correctly
   reported as "not present" rather than "not calibrated".

 - The "pressure" reported for the touchscreen now increases the harder you
   press, rather than decreasing.

 Any future changes to 3.7-gta04 will just be new patches added on to the end
 - I won't be rebasing it like I do with 'mainline'.

 Things I would like to work on:

   - updating to 3.8
   - voice call pass-through for GTA04a4.  I know there is a patch, but I
     think it should be done a little differently.
   - accelerometer driver which reports taps and orientation-changes as
     events.
   - TV-out control
   - various drivers from Nikolaus (camera, other panels, etc)
   - FM radio driver
   - try out bit-banging CIR transmitter to remote-control my tv.
   - get panel driver suitable for upstream submission.
   - get all my bugfixes etc upstream.
   - tidy up the 'board' file, possibly based on some stuff Nikolaus has done.
   - fix wifi to not be rediscovered on resume.
   - experiment with f2fs
   - Allow configuration of minimum charge maintained while on charger
     (it currently charges to 100%, discharges to about 80%, and then starts
     again)

 and probably some other things.

 If you want a stable 3.7 kernel, you should use 3.7-gta04.  'mainline' may
 change unexpectedly.

NeilBrown