[Gta04-owner] Battery charger

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Wed Feb 13 11:10:22 CET 2013

Christoph Mair <christoph.mair at gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 10:40 AM, "Benedikt Bär | Relamp.tk"
> <beniwtv at relamp.tk> wrote:
>> On 02/13/2013 10:38 AM, Adrien Dorsaz wrote:
>>> Hello !

>>> Even simplier than NeoControl : if you have default QtMoko theme
>>> (mokofaen, maybe it works with finxi too), it's displayed in the home
>>> screen : it's the values beside the thunder (below the clock).
>>>
>>> First value is the "just now" current and the second (the one after the
>>> slash) is the current during last suspend.
>>
>> Hi.
>>
>> Thanks, but what does a negative value mean? It says -260 currently. So
>> that would mean it's using 260mA?
>
> This means the battery is charging right now with 260mA. The remaining
> current is needed to power the device.

Note that it's the net current from the battery, so it is possible for
it to be positive even when plugged into a (working) charger.  For
example, my phone uses a lot of current (for a short time) when syncing
email with an IMAP server.  It might use 700mA doing that, and at the
same time be getting 400mA from the charger, so the net is +300mA.

Finally there's the lightning flash symbol that the Mokofaen theme shows
in the battery icon.  Empirically I believe the rule for this is that
the lightning flash is shown whenever the net current is < 0.

Regards,
        Neil