[Gta04-owner] uptime of rtc (unusual usage pattern)

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Sun Feb 10 23:17:42 CET 2013

"e.waelde" <ew.ng7125 at nassur.net> writes:

> However, if I remove the battery for more than 12 h or so, the time on
> the device is back to 2000-01-01 00:00:00. I used to switch off the
> phone for maybe 2 weeks on average, but losing time annoys me.

FWIW, on my phone I lose the real time if I remove the battery for more
than about 20 seconds.

It is a shame, but for me it isn't a big problem because it appears that
ntpdate-debian runs automatically as soon as an internet connection is
available, and that sets the correct time again.

Regards,
        Neil