[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v52

EdorFaus edorfaus at xepher.net
Sun Feb 10 01:49:45 CET 2013

On 02/09/2013 07:01 PM, e.waelde wrote:
> 2. I find it annoying that I have to switch the layout
> (querty) every time I use the keyboard. After hide/show the
> layout is back to abcde. So is there a place to request the
> qwerty layout at start?

You can rename the files the keyboards are stored in, so that the qwerty
one comes first when sorted alphabetically, as that is apparently what
the keyboard program uses to select the first one.

Note that you'll have to restart QtMoko to get it to notice the changes
- just give it a long press on the power button and then select the
"Restart QtMoko" button.

The keyboards are stored in the /opt/qtmoko/etc/im/svgkbd/ folder, in
the .svg and _shift.svg files there. (I assume you should keep the
prefix the same for both variants of a keyboard.)

As an example, I renamed abc.svg to zabc.svg and abc_shift.svg to
zabc_shift.svg, and now the qwerty keyboard comes up first for me.

(Btw, these are standard .svg image files - you can edit them with e.g.
Inkscape to modify what the keyboard looks like and what keys are
included - e.g. for national variants. :) (I'm working on making a
Norwegian variant, myself.))

... huh. I just noticed something odd - if I have three sets of keyboard
files in that directory, QtMoko restarts when the keyboard should pop
up... I don't know if that's a known bug or something I should look
closer at; probably something most people will never be bit by anyway...

Regards,
Frode Austvik