[Gta04-owner] uptime of rtc (unusual usage pattern)

e.waelde ew.ng7125 at nassur.net
Sat Feb 9 18:44:40 CET 2013

Hello,

after talking briefly to someone at the FOSDEM stand, it
was suggested to raise this here.

Q: How long is the onboard RTC supposed to run, when the
battery is removed from the GTA04?

Background:
I do carry the phone (GTA04) with me almost all the time,
however, it is switched off. I don't need it to be available
to others. After finding out that the battery on gta04 drains
rather fast even after shutting down the device, I do remove
the battery from the case.

So when I want to use the phone, I boot it. However, if I
remove the battery for more than 12 h or so, the time on
the device is back to 2000-01-01 00:00:00. I used to switch
off the phone for maybe 2 weeks on average, but losing time
annoys me.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Erich