[Gta04-owner] bq27000-battery: battery is not calibrated! ignoring capacity values

EdorFaus edorfaus at xepher.net
Tue Feb 5 00:27:10 CET 2013

On 02/04/2013 05:01 PM, Bob Ham wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Feb 2013 16:11:48 +0100, Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:
>> On Monday, February 04, 2013 12:55:30 PM Bob Ham wrote:

>>> Actually, I don't think this will work.

>> Hi, i dont get this. Why it should not work?
>
> Because the value will never change :-)

I think you're missing that this value is not *supposed* to change.

This is the value that marks the "full" endpoint on the charge scale, so
that we can use the "charge_now" value to see how much charge we
currently have relative to a fully charged battery.

The "charge_full_design" value doesn't have to be read more than once
because it's burned into an EEPROM in the battery, and thus won't really
ever change for that battery. It's the value the battery was designed
for, unlike the "charge_full" value, which is the actual value as
measured during calibration. (That *can* change, but rarely does,
especially since calibration involves running the battery all the way to
empty.)

Technically I suppose the "charge_full_design" value could change at
runtime if the user swapped out the battery without rebooting, but I
think all the currently available batteries were designed for the same
charge, so probably have the same value anyway.

Regards,
Frode Austvik