[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v52: I can not hear the caller

ma_pri_2004 at yahoo.de ma_pri_2004 at yahoo.de
Sun Feb 3 15:10:28 CET 2013

Hi,

after installing QtMoko v52 on my gta04a4 I hear no sound during calls
via gsmhandset and via speaker too. The person I am calling can hear me.
QtMoko v50 and v51 are showing the same behaviour.
I tried the both v52 versions - the armhf and the armel version.

If a sound file is used (without telephony), it is played via the speaker.
Bluetooth is not active, no headset is attached (and no headset option
is given during calls).

"Speaker Volume" and "Microphone Volume" are always 0 and not editable
in "Settings" --> "Call Options" --> "Call Volume".

In the armel version (but not in the armhf version) I can hear a caller
only using speaker (but not using handset) when executing:
. /opt/qtmoko/qpe.env
/opt/qtmoko/bin/gsm-voice-routing

During the call with gsm-voice-routing does the following message
appears on the screen (armel and armhf):
"r1 (hw:1,0): snd_pcm_readi failed: Input/output error"

Using armhf I am not able to set using neocontrol the playback and
microphone settings (both are 0).
Using armel I am able to set using neocontrol the playback and
microphone settings, but I still hear no sound for gsmhandset.

I set during calls with every alsamixer setting to the maximum. It did
not lead to any changes in the volume.
Alsamixer shows only settings for the device gta04. Choosing the device
gta04-voice or gta04-headset leads to "This sound device does not have
any controls".

Setting in opt/qtmoko/etc/alsa/a4/PhoneEarpiece.state all "Earpice
Mixer" controls (control.60-63) to "true" did not help.

"cat /proc/bus/input/devices" shows Touchscreen, bma150,
twl4030_pwrbutton, twel4030:vibrator, gta04 Headset Jack, and 2 times
gpio-keys.

I am happy about anybody who can help me or kick me in the right direction.

Thank you,
ma_pri