[Gta04-owner] bq27000-battery: battery is not calibrated! ignoring capacity values

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Feb 4 05:49:50 CET 2013

On Sunday, February 03, 2013 10:47:03 PM EdorFaus wrote:

> By the way, as I mentioned in that mail, my (brand-new, for me at least)
> battery already had a quite a bit lower charge_full than
> charge_full_design, so using charge_full_design is likely to be
> inaccurate for many.

Hi,
i guess the inacurracy will be very very low. For example: my battery has:

root at neo:~# cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq27000-battery/charge_full_design
1233792
root at neo:~# cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq27000-battery/charge_full
1024054

root at neo:~# cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq27000-battery/charge_now
844305

if i compute charge in % it will be:

844305/1233792 * 100 = 68%   for calibration not available
844305/1024054 * 100 = 82%   for calibrated battery

as the battery discharges it will be even less inacurrate:

100000/1233792 * 100 = 8.1%
100000/1024054 * 100 = 9.7%

for brand new battery the inacurracy will be even lower...

> Another point to consider is that, if this is changed so that it's not
> really visible to the user when the battery isn't calibrated, they're
> unlikely to look for information about it - and thus unlikely to get
> their batteries calibrated, which I assume would leave them with much
> less accurate battery information. So we might want to show it somehow -
> a different color on the battery indicator? An exclamation mark next to
> it? A message on the home screen? I don't know what would be best, or if
> such information would even be desired by anyone other than me, but I
> tend to favor providing such information whenever possible, because I
> know I would prefer getting it.

NeoControl probably already shows the information under the battery tab.

Regards

Radek