[Gta04-owner] bq27000-battery: battery is not calibrated! ignoring capacity values

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Sun Feb 3 20:20:47 CET 2013

On Sunday, February 03, 2013 06:39:26 PM Bob Ham wrote:

> On Sun, 2013-02-03 at 17:57 +0100, Radek Polak wrote:
> > On Sunday, February 03, 2013 05:18:37 PM Bob Ham wrote:
> > > At present, all that's been written about the problem seems to be
> > > educated guesses.  I'm wondering if anybody here can provide some
> > > authoritative information on what exactly is causing these messages
> > > and, hopefully, how it can be fixed?
> >
> > Hi,
> > i dont know how it can be fixed, but it can probably be workarounded. I
> > when i had this problem i have noticed that some battery values were
> > reported ok.
>
> Which values?  Unfortunately I haven't noted any useful data from
> the /sys files.
>
> Really though, the actual problem is the lack of understanding.  It
> would be much better if the issue was understood and explained.  I would
> hope someone here must have some clue as to how the kernel or hardware
> interacts with the battery?
>
> At the end of the day, the battery interface isn't working properly in
> some undefined states.  Irrespective of any UI problems or kernel
> errors, in these states there is no information about how much charge
> the battery contains.  That makes using the phone impractical; without
> such information one has to judge whether the phone should be put on
> charge based on guesswork, or just have it on charge all the time.  Both
> of these modes of operation are problematic.

Hmm it looks only "charge_full" is missing - that quite corresponds to "not
calibrated" message.

Until the problem is really understood it would be very easy to use
"charge_full_design" if "charge_full" is not available to compute battery
charge %. The results will be nearly perfect in case of healthy battery and
very accurate even for old batteries. But i guess old batteries will be
already calibrated.

I can try implement it - it should be really easy - and i can send you
recompiled binary if you would like to try it.

Regards

Radek