[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v52

EdorFaus edorfaus at xepher.net
Sun Feb 3 00:03:06 CET 2013

Hi,

On 02/01/2013 11:08 AM, Radek Polak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> QtMoko v52 is out now. You can download experimental armhf tarball from
> here [1] or stable armel from here [2]. For more info visit our homepage
> [3].

I (finally!) got around to upgrading from v48 today (well, I think it
was v48 anyway, that's the last tarball I found on my PC), going to v52
(armhf), and overall, it's very nice! Many thanks to Radek and everyone
else who have helped make QtMoko as good as it is.

I can confirm that suspend current is now measured to 15mA, which is
very good compared to what I used to have (like, 28mA or so IIRC).

The headset jack detection still thinks a headset is plugged in when it
isn't, but I guess that's a hardware tolerance issue more than a
software issue, so I re-applied the workaround of deleting the input4
device node in qpe.sh to disable detection.

With that, ringtones and SMS alerts work fine, with nicely loud audio
during a test call I did from my work phone.

The g_ether MAC address kept changing on every boot, until I renamed a
file - I'm guessing Debian's package has gotten more strict in the
filenames it accepts in /etc/modprobe.d/ as the only needed change was
renaming "options" to "options.conf" (Radek, you may want to update your
rootfs howto accordingly).

I backed up everything, and restored most of the files backed up by Neil
Jerram's script (from the email on 2012-11-22), and ended up keeping my
SMSes and at least some of my contacts, though I suspect I don't have
all of them - does anyone happen to know where exactly QtMoko stores its
database of contacts?

(I suppose I could check if I'm simply misremembering by restoring the
old version of QtMoko, but I'd prefer not having to...)

I also lost my call history, but that's not really much of a problem for
me. It might be indicative of having missed a database file or something
during restore from backup though. I guess I'll look around a bit and
maybe try some things if noone already knows what to do.

And, finally, I have a question: did I understand it right that, from
now on, upgrading to later versions of QtMoko should be as simple as an
apt-get update and (dist-)upgrade? (Unless you tell us otherwise in the
release announcement?) That would be wonderful, if true, and would make
it much less likely to lose any data during upgrades...

Regards,
Frode Austvik