[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v52

"Benedikt Bär | Relamp.tk" beniwtv at relamp.tk
Fri Feb 1 12:12:56 CET 2013

On 02/01/2013 11:20 AM, Radek Polak wrote:

> On Friday, February 01, 2013 11:08:08 AM Radek Polak wrote:
>

> > As for future, i will try to compile rest of the apps for armhf -
> FBReader
>
> > is now missing, but e.g. navit works now. I hope the base system is now
>
> > ready so next releases can be done with "apt-get upgrade".
>

> > So enjoy the release!
>

> Ahh btw, i am working also on Freerunner release. It's not that easy.
> I have decide about pulseaudio/gstreamer. We can either use them or
> keep our old cruxus media engine.
>

> gstreamer/pulseaudio have these advantages/disadvantages:
>

> + it will be the same setup on GTA02 and GTA04
>
> + media player in qtmoko will be able to play more formats and better
>
> + video/sound in html5
>
> - it adds ton of dependecies so the image might not fit in NAND
>

> I am now trying pulse/gstreamer on GTA02. There are some problems, but
> if they are solved well i can try base the release on it. If not, it
> will work with old cruxus media engine.

Hi Radek & others,

Congrats to this release! I just installed the experimental armhf
release, and I have to say it's very speedy!

Also, I don't know if this is due to the new pulseaudio configuration or
not, but at least now my sounds play (tested with the sample beep_*
files). That did not work before, and GPS got a signal within seconds,
which also did not work before (tested with nerongps).

So far I really like it :)

Some notes though:

1) The touch screen is a bit too sensitive. This happened before as
well. When scrolling a list, I always end up opening something. Can this
be adjusted somehow?

2) Something strange happened - I was using QtMoko when suddenly a
terminal window showed up, telling me something about modem enumeration,
and then restarting QtMoko. Is this for debugging purposes? Can we help
by sending logs of it? If yes, where to find them?

Thanks,
Ben