[Gta04-owner] ANN: first replicant 4 with 3.12 kernel available

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Dec 21 15:36:31 CET 2013

Am 21.12.2013 um 14:39 schrieb Alexander Rumyantsev:

> Hello
>

>>> which I have not meet when I have work with 3.0, 3.4 and 3.7
>>> Problematic is wakelock facility.
>>
>> What is problematic with it? Any specific issues? What appears to be different?
>
> If you look at any log ( adb logcat ) you will see a message: Couldn't get kernel wake lock stats
> in many places. ( Most clean logcat you will see from this build:
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-rRgKAzYyoBbVhWZElYbC13Y0U/edit?usp=sharing )
> Problem is that /proc/wakelocks is missing.

Ok, that is something differnent. AFAIK the /proc file system is not an official API...

> I could not find a way to configure 3.12 kernel to provide it.

It may well be a bug that wasnt fixed because the kernel API for /proc did change
between 3.8 and 3.12 (I don't know exactly when) and it did make the 3D graphics drivers
break completely.

So we should file an issue on http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/issues/

Some background info I have found:
http://www.elinux.org/Android_Power_Management