[Gta04-owner] initrd proposal for low battery boot

Josua Mayer josua.mayer97 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 21:08:32 CET 2013

Hi

Am 02.12.2013 07:41, schrieb Andreas Kemnade:
> Hi,
>
> here is my proposal for an initrd script for low battery boot.
> It waits with boot until battery voltage is over 3.45 V,
> switches the charging to linear charging while doing that.
I personally like this idea very much. But I would probably also want to
use this for charging without booting e.g. when there is no working OS
installed.
> In automatic charging the charger limits the usb current
> (not the charging current!) to 100mA if the battery voltage is below
> some certain level (if it is even lower, the device turns off automatically)
>
> The result is that I never had any boot failures after the kernel starts due to
> low battery while the charger is attached.
> I put it into an initrd so there are no delays because of log-replaying on
> the rootfs.
> It works with the klibc environment and excepts fb0 and the rootdevice available in /dev.
>
> URLs:
> script:
> http://misc.andi.de1.cc/linuxrc-gta04
>
> fb background set quickhack:
> http://misc.andi.de1.cc/fillfb.c
>
> it can be compiled using klcc -o fillfb killfb.c
> so that it uses the klibc (which is used in initramfs environments)
But I am missing the ability to use this now. It would be nice if you
could publish a built initrd that can be directly used or the
instructions how to produce one.
The biggest issue for me though is to find out how to have the initrd
loaded by u-boot(bootargs.scr additions?).
> Greetings
> Andreas Kemnade
Greetings
Josua Mayer