[Gta04-owner] New Replicant 4.0 image

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Wed Dec 4 20:05:34 CET 2013

On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 21:22:21 +0100
Adrien Dorsaz <adrien at adorsaz.ch> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Le lundi 02 décembre 2013 à 14:46 +0100, hermann.schwaerzler at chello.at a
> écrit :
> > Hello,
> >
> > How about Wi-Fi? Should this work? It doesn't for me but I had not much time to
> > test it.
> >

> I don't know, but I've tried to copy /lib/firmware/libertas*
> and /lib/firmware/sd* from the latest Debian-rootfs from GoldenDelicious
> to /sys/etc/firmware (and to /sys/lib/firmware iirc, to be sure).
> Then I was able to load libertas_sdio module and I got wlan0 interface
> (I've done it using adb shell and su).
>
> It seems not sufficient to get wifi on Replicant, but I don't know how
> it works, e.g. if it needs special name as 'eth0' or if it should be
> loaded on boot (I didn't find a file such /etc/modules like on standard
> distribution).

same here. adding a modprobe to init.gt04.rc looked promising at first,
but
i only get an error message saying something like "invalid command"

Maybe try it from an initramfs if you do want to try something without
waiting for some replicant people who know what they are doing to fix
that.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade