[Gta04-owner] doing some wifi archeology

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Wed Dec 4 18:35:30 CET 2013

Hi,

I am doing some archeological research what happened with the
libertas_tf sdio interface. While doing that, i found out this
interesting message about the normal libertas driver:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/libertas-dev/2009-September/002722.html

It sounds like setting a parameter decreases system current from 365mA
to 191mA in a pxa270 system and it sounds like the behaviour you got on
GTA02 with wmiconfig --power maxperf/rec (high power consumption
versus high ping times). In a later commit message I read that the power
management is broken and will be fixed somewhere later. I do not find a
commit message about fixing that...

That sounds really interesting. I hope my userspace still accepts the
hw validation kernel...

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade