[Gta04-owner] Host AP mode

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Tue May 29 22:45:06 CEST 2012

Hi,

I found out that
http://corysohrakoff.wordpress.com/2011/09/13/enabling-wifi-ap-mode-on-a-gumstix-overo/
is a good howto about host ap mode.
It is about using an alternate driver for the wifi chipset (libertas_tf)
which uses a thinner firmware, so the host can do ap mode. I could
configure hostapd so that I have an unencrypted accesspoint.
The libertras_tf driver needs some
#include <linux/module.h> to work with 3.2 kernel. I have used hostapd
version 1.0.
Normal infrastructure mode does also work.

But my earlier mentioned wifi performance problem with 3.x, which does
not exist in 2.6.32, is not better with the libertas_tf driver.
Could the SD/MMC host driver be the bottleneck?

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade