[Gta04-owner] Using BMP085

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Fri May 25 22:39:31 CEST 2012

Hi all,

http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/page/Mainline-Status/#wikititle_27
says that the BMP085 exists and works well, but I can't see the files
under /sys that are supposed to allow reading the current temperature
and pressure, which according to
http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-i2c-bmp085
are /sys/bus/i2c/devices/<busnum>-<devaddr>/pressure0_input and
/sys/bus/i2c/devices/<busnum>-<devaddr>/temp0_input.

I discovered that BMP085 is built (in Neil's kernels) as a module and so
have done "modprobe bmp085".  That caused the following BMP085-related
paths to appear under /sys:

gta04:~# find /sys -name *bmp*
/sys/bus/i2c/drivers/bmp085
/sys/module/bmp085
/sys/module/bmp085/drivers/i2c:bmp085

But I still can't find *pressure* anywhere.  Is there something else I
need to do to enable the full function of the BMP085?

Thanks,
        Neil