[Gta04-owner] 3.4 kernel for GTA04.

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue May 22 09:10:58 CEST 2012

On Tuesday, May 22, 2012 12:40:33 AM NeilBrown wrote:

> No idea what would cause that - the video subsystem is still mostly a
> block-box to me.

No problem, this has time.

> How hard would it be for me to add qtmoko bits to my current Debian install
> so I could test things out without committing to just qtmoko?  Is there a
> debian package I can install?  Or an apt-source I can add?
> Or can I just copy "/opt" from the tar ball and go from there?

There is apt repo:

	echo "deb http://qtmoko.sourceforge.net/debian/gta04 /" >>
/etc/apt/sources.list

or you can just download and install the .deb from here:

	http://qtmoko.sourceforge.net/debian/gta04/qtmoko-gta04_44-1_armel.deb

Currently qtmoko adds itself to startup scripts so if you want to remove it
and launch it manually you can do:

	update-rc.d qtmoko-gta04 remove

and use this for launching:

	/etc/init.d/qtmoko-gta04 start

or this:

	. /opt/qtmoko/qpe.env
	qpe

I think it should be running on clean debian without problems. It expects your
udev rules for modem and vibra motor so this should be fine. You might find
useful this howto [1] in case of problems.

> And am I correct that QTmoko can run directly on the frame buffer or over
> X11??

It currently runs on framebuffer.

It can run on emulated framebuffer in X11 (qvfb) - this is used for "emulator"
on PC.

It was running on X11 using standard qt-X11 in some old openmoko ASU distro.
It required some patches and it was very slow.

Regards

Radek

[1]
https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/blob/master/doc/txt/debian_rootfs_howto_gta04.txt