[Gta04-owner] [ANN] GTA04 Keyboard prototype

Denis Shulyaka shulyaka at gmail.com
Mon May 14 10:55:49 CEST 2012

2012/5/7 Bob Ham <rah at settrans.net>:
> On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 21:35 +0200, Eric André wrote:
>
>> Keeping the keyboard behind the device, using, let's say six fingers, three of each hand (=six keys) for the whole alphabet?
>
>> Tell me if it's totally stupid or just a bit...
>
> Neither:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chorded_keyboard
>
> A chorded keyboard could be useful on a phone.  In fact, chorded and
> qwerty keyboards wouldn't be mutually exclusive :-)
>
> --
> Bob Ham <rah at settrans.net>

Speaking of blind-typing, I would suggest something like this:

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10250

Having a 3x4 array of capacitive "buttons" on the back side is
sufficient for typing (just like we do on a feature-phone - we don't
even need to learn the layout) and can even be performed using one
hand. The PCB can be more thin and we don't need any sliding
mechanism. MPR121 uses I2C 3.3v interface which I guess we've got.