[Gta04-owner] 3D printed Shapeways case

Christoph Mair christoph.mair at gmail.com
Wed May 2 19:58:33 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Lukas Märdian
<lukasmaerdian at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 02.05.2012 10:30, Bob Ham wrote:
>> On Tue, 2012-05-01 at 18:06 +0200, Dr.H.NikolausS wrote:
>> At present, we do not have this.  As I understand it, Slyon's cases do
>> not fit together properly and so we cannot build a complete GTA04 case
>> from them yet (has this changed?)  There are also no case component kits
>> available.
>>
>> I think it would be more advantageous to spend time dealing with these
>> basic problems.  That way, we will have a solid base from which to build
>> more advanced designs, including designs that incorporate a keyboard.
>>
>> Also, I believe we should not limit ourselves to the existing case
>> shape.  I will say more about that in a separate email to the GTA04
>> list.
>>

> Actually my latest prototype case fits together pretty well and is
> suitable for daily use (if you use the CaseKit replacement parts like
> earpiece, vibracall motor, ...).
>
> I've done some improvements to it, which I didn't have the possibility
> to test, yet. Therefore I didn't announce anything new until now. But
> this very latest version was presented at the Openmobility conference.
>
> But still, the very latest (and probably pretty usable) version is
> available [0] and ready to use. There are a few people out there, who
> already have one.

I ordered a complete case and it arrived just in time to show it at
the Openmobility conference. The outer parts fit quite well, just the
speaker box seems to have some small problems. I could no debug them
yet but I'll try to get it done during the next weekend. I will attend
the Linuxwochen in Vienna on friday and saturday. If you want to see
my case parts (or anything related) come to my talk on friday at 16:00
[1] or try to catch me during the two days.

Best regards,
  Christoph

[1] http://linuxwochen.at/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=307&Itemid=83