[Gta04-owner] Echo cancellation again

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sat Mar 31 23:35:42 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have now first phone call experiences using the hardware routing stuff
in full duplex.
I found out that VDL_APGA_CTL(0x44)/VDL_PDZ does not get set
through alsa for whatever reasons. AVDAC_CTL(0x17)/VDAC_EN
does also not get set.
The code for them looks the same as for their audio counterparts.

I also learned about the CONTROL_PADCONF pinmux stuff so McBSP4
torturing has an end.

Now the interesting question is: How to keep that platform-specific
stuff out of twl4030? We need to change the pinmux setting for McBSP4-TX
and then do some setup. Some callback in platform data which is
triggered by some mixer switch? And then do the pinmux stuff in
arch/mach-omap2/board-omap3gta04.c?

I guess first I must unterstand the dapm_route stuff better.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade