[Gta04-owner] gta04 board can boot only outside freerunner case

Belisko Marek marek.belisko at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 19:29:57 CEST 2012

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
<hns at goldelico.com> wrote:

> Am 30.03.2012 um 19:07 schrieb Belisko Marek:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have strange problem.
>> I replace free runner board with gta04 board according manual.
>> All steps was fine. Before putting back to case I verify it can boot
>> from flash (just plug battery + usb)
>> and I can see pinguin on display so seems to be fine.
>>
>> Then I put board and display back to free runner case. When again try
>> to start I got just white display
>> and no console output. Any hints what could I check and what could
>> cause problems?
>
> Do you have a SD card installed?
No SD card installed, just want to boot existing image from flash.
Currently don't
have converted from SD to uSD so can't verify that option.

> The case sometimes may "press" the AUX/User button and this influences
> the boot sequence. I remember that there was at least one who reported
> and solved a similar problem (Lukas?).
Maybe you're right. But when I put it ti case I don't close it
completely so I have serial
console connected but there is no output (just white display)

> If you have a RS232 cable you could also check the console output.
>

> Well, this is not that easy if you want to close the case. But:
>
> * don't install the internal GPS antenna
> * insert the RS232 cable from the backside through the GPS antenna hole
> * insert the GTA04 PCB
> * connect the cable
> * close the front cover (but take care not to shear off the RS232 cable)
>
> Then you can insert a battery and look at the RS232 console.
>
> Nikolaus

regards,

marek

--