[Gta04-owner] New kernels for gta04

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Fri Mar 30 07:05:59 CEST 2012

Hi,

 I've just pushed out two updated kernel trees.

   git://neil.brown.name/gta04 3.2-gta04

 is my 'stable' 3.2 branch.  It contains a slightly revised fix for bluetooth
 not working while wifi is off, includes the patch for limiting the USB
 current from Andreas Kemnade, and included all the patches from 3.2.23
 (so it is up-to-date with the -stable mainline branch).

 I don't expect to do much more with this branch, though if anyone sends me
 something that want included I won't object.

 Reminder: this is behind a slow link, so don't 'clone' it.
 Rather you should clone a recent mainline kernel, then pull or fetch from my
 'git'.

 The other tree is that I have finally put the time into sorting out some
 issues with 3.3 so I have a working 3.3 based kernel.

   git://neil.brown.name/gta04 merge

 is the merge of various different bits of code on top of 3.3.  As
 previously, 'merge' is likely to be rebased regularly so you would need to
 'fetch' it, not 'pull' it.
 I will probably branch off a '3.3-gta04' once I have tested it for a while
 and then that branch will not be rebased (meanwhile 'merge' will move on to
 3.4-rcX).

 There isn't much new in 'merge' but there is one thing that I should mention.
 The first thing the kernel does when asked to suspend is that it does the
 equivalent to 'sync'.  I found that this delays suspend by sometimes several
 seconds (possibly because I run syslog and lots of logging message have to
 be flushed).  This seems fairly pointless so I removed it.  I should really
 make that configurable but I haven't yet.

 This actually showed up some bugs in the mmc driver when suspending, so that
 is a good thing!

 I also remove the switch-to-text-console and back.  Not sure if this will be
 noticeable but as always I'd love to hear any feedback.

 If you just want a stable kernel, I recommend using 3.2-gta04.
 If you want to do kernel development, or help testing (which is an important
 part of development) or just like living on the edge, feel free to use
 'devel'.

NeilBrown