[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v42

John Ogness gta04 at ogness.net
Wed Mar 28 21:14:17 CEST 2012

On 2012-03-27, Christoph Mair <christoph.mair at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hmm, kexec is somewhat experimental, isn't it?
> Well, yes. But I tried it a few times on my IGEP board which uses
> the same OMAP SoC and it worked fine.  But I have to admit that I
> did boot only very similar kernels.

kexec works fine on this processor. I do a considerable amount of
kernel development and I only use kexec.

To be sure, you should use the kexec tool from git:

because there are some versions of kexec floating around that have
problems (for example, the Debian/stable version).

And you will need to have a "recent" kernel. Around 2.6.33 there were
some important fixes to the arm code relating to flushing the caches.

John Ogness