[Gta04-owner] UBIFS now working on GTA04

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Mar 20 23:18:09 CET 2012

Hi,
today i have finally made the GTA04 to boot from UBIFS in NAND. So finally we
have good and fast filesystem for flash.

I have documented it in my rootfs howto [1], just search for UBI. To figure
out the right params i used:

	mtdinfo -a -u

and this help[2].

For now i am making the image just 200MB small. I had some problems (error 22)
with larger, but that was probably because i made it to big to fit in mtd4.

For booting i am using initramfs[3] where i manually mount ubifs and chroot
into it. The initramfs has nice rootfs selection menu - I will write separate
mail about it tomorrow.

Regards

Radek

[1]