[Gta04-owner] Advance OpenStreetMap surveying with GTA04? / batteries

Alexander Lehner lehner at edv-buero-lehner.de
Mon Mar 19 14:08:55 CET 2012

On Mon, 19 Mar 2012, mayeul.kauffmann at free.fr wrote:
[...]

Another thing that might be interesting is the following (solar) charger,
which charges up to 4 AA cells either with power plug, anything up to 6V
or solar (needs about 1 day) and has output to various plugs (usb,
cellphones, even 12V).
It's pretty expensive (200 EUR) but the only solar stuff that somehow
works. And you should get a second pair of panels.

http://www.solarc.de/shop/product_info.php?language=en&info=p32_e-GO--Professional.html

What I can NOT recommend is a single AA -> 5V adapter. To less power, and
mine was such a crap that it destroyed the usb plug of my NEO. See my
report on the wiki:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/User:Blutsauger#Other_not_recommendable_charging_options

For low temperatures I've made good experience using the new NiZn
(nickel-zinc) batteries, they have 1.6V instead of 1.2, about the same
capacity but need a special charger and longer charge time.

A.