[Gta04-owner] Advance OpenStreetMap surveying with GTA04? / batteries

mayeul.kauffmann at free.fr mayeul.kauffmann at free.fr
Mon Mar 19 10:31:38 CET 2012

Hi,
Thanks all for your answers. Yes Radek, that would be very kind if you could try this!

One huge advantage is that it will use devices that I need anyway (USB convertor; I have a USB device which charges both AA and AAA batteries [1]; AAA batteries are needed for my headlight, I may need AA for a backup GPSr).

Shortcoming is that probably, the longer the charging chain, the more the energy will be lost (I have no idea how much, though).
Hence the following is a long chain:
220 V > USB convertor > USB device to charge LR6 batteries > LR6 batteries to charge the GTA04

While the following is a short chain:
220 V > USB convertor > GTA04
(Am I correct that you can charge GTA04's batteries from USB?)

The only way to balance advantages and shortcomings is to make a test ;-)
Cheers,
Mayeul

[1] http://uk.sanyo.com/Products/View/MDU01-E-2-3UTG