[Gta04-owner] Fwd: MFS Talk. Tues, 20 Mar. "OpenPheonux (GTA04): Return of the free phone" by Michael Dorrington

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Mar 19 08:55:08 CET 2012

Am 19.03.2012 um 08:49 schrieb Michael Dorrington:

> On 14/03/12 10:42, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>> Hi Michael,
>> thanks for this support!
>>
>> Am 14.03.2012 um 10:11 schrieb Michael Dorrington:
>>
>>> I am doing a talk about the GTA04 at Manchester Free Software, see
>>> details below.  I'd really appreciate suggestions, ideas, tips, etc. on
>>> what to include.
>>
>> I think you can start with the materials from the FOSDEM presentation:
>>
>> http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2012-February/066383.html
>
> Thanks.
>
> Please could I have advice on things to show in the talk that currently
> work on the GTA04A4 and any config needed to get them working.  I've

Well, almost everything works - in theory. In practice it largely depends on
the software distribution that is installed. The Debian/LXDE 2.6.32 system
has the most complete set of drivers but lacks a GUI for any advanced feature
and lacks any power management.

On the 3.2 kernel base, QtMoko is working quite well. And SHR has also made
a big step forward in the last days (at least from my observations).

> been trying various things out but have run out of time before the talk now.

I would recommend to install QtMoko v41 because it is currently a little more
functional and tested.