[Gta04-owner] Keyboard for GTA04

Gennady Kupava gb at bsdmn.com
Thu Mar 15 13:01:48 CET 2012

Hi, Martin,

On Thu, 2012-03-15 at 13:29 +0100, Martin Jansa wrote
> > So, keyboard on phone should be build-in and usable... and i don't know
> > how should look something better than keyboard on n900.
>
> I don't have hands-on experience but keyboard on pictures of Motorola Droid 4
> looks even better then n900 keyboard, mostly because of extra row.
>
> http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/10/motorola-droid-4-review/

> > If gta04 have hw keyboard, i buy it immediately as a every-day phone.
> > Linux has excellent set of command-line tools and it's a crime not to
> > have a hw keyboard on linux device.
>
> Agreed, that's why I also prefer more common layout with enough keys to
> map also '/', '|' etc. somewhere close to fingers.

Right, it looks cool on picture, but i were speaking about general idea
- the slider with screen on top and keyboard on bottom, and this seems
pretty same to both devices. Amount of rows, columns location and way of
engraving is actually not of that significance. I think durability,
tactile feedback, button size are even more priority than amount of
rows.

Speaking about '/' '|' esc's, tabs and etc, i just edited my n900 layout
to include all this keys =)

Gennady.