[Gta04-owner] Solar charger - was How could GTA04 shine

Bob Ham rah at bash.sh
Thu Mar 15 11:57:11 CET 2012

On 14/03/2012 22:09, Alexander Lehner wrote:
>> On Thu, 2012-03-08 at 10:05 +0100, Christoph Mair wrote:

>>> To get better
>>> efficiency a MPPT (maximum power point tracker) is recommended. Its a
>>> chip which regulates its own input voltage to the value where the
>>> panel delivers the highest output current.

> Well, without using this MPPT I gave it a simple 20-EUR try, and it
> looks pretty disappointing

That is disappointing but not surprising.  However, I think with the
larger panel and an MPPT ahead of the GTA04's battery, there might be
some useful results.

I would be happy with a squared backplate, changing the shape of the
case in order to accomodate a larger panel.

> There will be no modified solar case, but rather a modified nuclear
> powerplant case...

*Now* you're talking ;-)

--
Bob Ham <rah at bash.sh>