[Gta04-owner] Solar charger - was How could GTA04 shine

Alexander Lehner lehner at edv-buero-lehner.de
Wed Mar 14 23:09:35 CET 2012

On Thu, 8 Mar 2012, Bob Ham wrote:

> PS,
>
> On Thu, 2012-03-08 at 10:05 +0100, Christoph Mair wrote:
>
>> To get better
>> efficiency a MPPT (maximum power point tracker) is recommended. Its a
>> chip which regulates its own input voltage to the value where the
>> panel delivers the highest output current.

Well, without using this MPPT I gave it a simple 20-EUR try, and it looks
pretty disappointing (picture and description):

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/User:Blutsauger#Even_more_unrecommended_charging_options

I _know_ that solar charging is not very promising in comparison to what such
a phone needs, but the results really struck me into desparation...
There will be no modified solar case, but rather a modified nuclear
powerplant case...

A.