[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v41

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Mar 13 18:50:48 CET 2012

On Tuesday 13 March 2012 12:59:23 Michele Brocco wrote:

> A brief review of v41 so far.
>
> First of all: thanks to you Radek and to Neil as usual :) You are great!

Thanks for testing.

> here the qtmoko related things I had time to test so far:
>
> * WLAN: works very reliably

Can you please share how is wifi sensitivity for you? I can connect only when i
am very close to the AP.

> * GPRS: is deactivated right? because it always says "pending" and
> does not connect

It's not implemented yet for GTA04...

> * Sound quality during calls: is fine from both sides!

Nice to hear, i think i will try to raise a volume for default states though..

> * Bluetooth: I think some paths changed with the never kernel, because
> the "bluetooth up" script does mentions wrong paths. it used to work
> in previous versions so I guess it's really just a matter of paths.

For me bluetooth is not working with 3.2 kernel. This is what i get:

root at neo:~# rfkill list
0: GPS: GPS
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: no
1: Bluetooth: Bluetooth
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: no
2: hso-5: Wireless WAN
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: no
6: phy3: Wireless LAN
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: no
root at neo:~# hciattach -s 115200 /dev/ttyO0 any 115200 flow && sleep 2
Device setup complete
root at neo:~# hciconfig -a
hci0:   Type: BR/EDR  Bus: UART
        BD Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00  ACL MTU: 0:0  SCO MTU: 0:0
        DOWN INIT RUNNING
        RX bytes:0 acl:0 sco:0 events:0 errors:0
        TX bytes:39 acl:0 sco:0 commands:9 errors:0

root at neo:~# hciconfig hci0 up; sleep 2

Can't init device hci0: Connection timed out (110)

and there is following error in dmesg repeated:

14573.206573] Bluetooth: hci0 command tx timeout

With 2.6.32 it works good. I guess it has to do something with USB power
saving patches. I can remember it somehow worked on early 3.2 kernels.

> * melodiQ app: returns always that I entered the wrong captcha
> * Aurora: watch youtube-dl feature does not work as it seems. Is it
> possible to make it work? If not maybe it's better to kick that
> option?

The web api on both has changed, so we have to update the apps to make them
working again...

> * Power Management: it seem to does not associated the charging status
> to the "plugged in" power management state. besides that it works fine

Known bug, but no time to fix it yet.

> * GPS with NeronGPS+AGPS: works. did not have a fix indoor (in front
> of the window), but outdoor I had one in approximately 1:30-2 minutes.
> the second time i had a fix in approximately 10 seconds.

Nice to hear.

> * boot time from NAND: approx. 40s (measured from boot menu)
> * boot time from SDHC 4G Toshiba: approx. 55s (measured from boot menu)

I bough 16GB class 10 SDHC card yesterday and i can boot in 30s. I have same
40s for NAND. Maybe UBIFS can even improve it. Anyways we are now faster then
Android and iPhone ;-)

Regards

Radek