[Gta04-owner] ANN: new versions of U-Boot, boot.scr and NAND flashing tools

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Mar 12 13:32:58 CET 2012

Am 12.03.2012 um 12:45 schrieb Radek Polak:

> On Monday 12 March 2012 10:46:18 Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>
>> * if the AUX button is pressed, MLO
>> and U-Boot also come from SD (if inserted)
>
> Is it possible to trigger this also with POWER button? Mine GTA04 has broken
> AUX so it would be nice if it could work with both buttons.

Unfortunately no. The connection of the AUX button is to a GPIO that changes
the boot search sequence of the BootROM within the OMAP CPU.

The power button is connected to the power controller and its state can only
be read through I2C1. I.e. the Boot ROM does not know about the button.

The button can be purchased @ DigiKey:

http://search.digikey.com/de/de/products/EVQ-PUD02K/P10850SCT-ND/286351

and does not need superior equipment or skills to replace.

>> * the boot arguments are choosen based on the location where the uImage is
>> found * i.e. SD card ext2/3 or NAND jffs2
>> * this means it needs manual U-Boot modifications to use UBIFS
>
> I played with UBIFS yesterday i couldnt make it booting. But the filesystem is
> definitely working - when booted from SD card i could mount it, read and write.
>
> So maybe the best solution would be to use simple initramfs that could handle
> this...

That would be nice!