[Gta04-owner] Modem is not reset when GTA04 is powered off

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Sun Mar 11 12:18:56 CET 2012

Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> writes:

> El día Saturday, March 10, 2012 a las 08:16:20AM +0100, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller escribió:
>
>> > Does anyone know how it's possible to script sending "AT_ORESET" and
>> > then expecting an "OK"?  (And similarly for AT+CHUP.)
>>
>> You can use the "femtocom" tool (just gcc the handful of lines) like:
>>
>> (echo "AT_ORESET"; sleep 1) | femtocom /dev/ttyHS_Application
>>
>> This does not wait for the OK but sends the command and continues.
>
> I do no think that it is a good idea just sending down "AT_ORESET" to a
> modem and dont care about the result; one should first send an AT only
> and check for OK to make sure that the modem is willing to dialogue, and
> after this, send down the AT_ORESET and check if the modem has received
> it and is (or has) carried it out;

Well, from looking at the femtocom.c code, I think one could do that
more complete dialog with it to.

Thanks for all the suggestions.  "chat" is working for me now, but on
Debian it does have the slight disadvantage of pulling in the whole
"ppp" package, the rest of which GTA04 doesn't need.  So I'll keep
femtocom in mind too.

Regards,
     Neil