[Gta04-owner] Modem is not reset when GTA04 is powered off

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Mar 10 08:16:20 CET 2012

Am 09.03.2012 um 21:24 schrieb Neil Jerram:

> "Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> writes:
>
>> Hi Neil,
>>
>> Am 05.03.2012 um 20:11 schrieb Neil Jerram:
>>
>>> While testing sending DTMF tones a few days ago, I discovered that the
>>> modem isn't reset when GTA04 is powered off.  It appears that the
>>> battery has to be taken out.
>
>> This is a known (severe) bug of the GTA04A3 (Early Adopter) boards.
>>
>> It has been fixed in the GTA04A4 board.
>
> Right, yes, that rings a bell now.  And obviously it's good news that
> this isn't a problem for GTA04A4.
>
>> A software solution could be that e.g. QtMoko or SHR checks after
>> starting the gsm daemon if calls are still running and applies
>> a precautionary AT+CHUP. This would not harm booting a A4 board.
>
> For GTA04A3, I'd like also to issue AT_ORESET (1) when booting up,
> before starting up oFono or FSO, and (2) when shutting down the phone.
>
> But the problem is that I can't work out how to script this so that it's
> done automatically.  With "minicom -S ...", I can't make minicom quit
> after the "OK" comes.
>
> Does anyone know how it's possible to script sending "AT_ORESET" and
> then expecting an "OK"?  (And similarly for AT+CHUP.)

You can use the "femtocom" tool (just gcc the handful of lines) like:

(echo "AT_ORESET"; sleep 1) | femtocom /dev/ttyHS_Application

This does not wait for the OK but sends the command and continues.

Femtocom.c is found in the Debian/LXDE config patches:

http://download.goldelico.com/gta04/20120131-GTA04-HW-Tester/config.tgz