[Gta04-owner] problem gta04

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Mar 9 18:30:47 CET 2012

Hi David,

Am 09.03.2012 um 18:16 schrieb Jack Jones:

> Item arrived (Friday) put micro sd into device,then battery,"aux" light at top shines red and power button shines green then red intermittently ,after a few minutes  in this state (screen is white(live) but no qt moko.Then I decided to press power button for more than 5 sec's and device shuts down.
> Now it will not wake into any live state----Have I damaged battery,,does battery damage in fact? do i need to use the serial cable now?----Did you when you checked it ove reset it with serial interface?
>
> Any ideas Dr Nikolaus?

I do not know what is going wrong here. The battery I have sent back was a different one and I had tested everything to work.

One more idea: your USB cable or charger could be broken so that the device is not charging and the battery has discharged now and therefore does not start any more.

Another idea could be that there is some strange information in the NAND flash and needs to be erased.
You can try to test that by pressing the AUX button before and while inserting the battery and leaving it pressed for some more seconds. This forces the system to ignore the NAND (but not completely).

Then, please try to connect the RS232 cable to some terminal program (115200 bit/s).

The device should say at least "60" and perhaps some other messages. These give more information about the situation.

Hope this helps to go forward.