[Gta04-owner] Blinking LEDs on 3.2 kernel?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Mar 9 06:49:00 CET 2012

Am 09.03.2012 um 01:33 schrieb Radek Polak:

> On Thursday 08 March 2012 20:08:04 NeilBrown wrote:

>>> Yes I can see them, but i have figured out just "brightness" files that
>>> accepts brightness 0..255
>>>
>>> On 2.6.32 blinking was possible by writing 17..31 values according to [1]
>>
>> modprobe ledtrig-timer
>> echo /sys/class/leds/gta04:whatever/
>> echo timer > trigger
>> echo 10000 > delay_off
>> echo 500 > delay_on
>>

>> See also
>>
>> http://lists.goldelico.com/pipermail/gta04-owner/2011-December/001043.html
>>

> Thanks a lot, it works perfectly. If i had more time i would write it on the
> wiki. It would be nice to have someone watching the list and keeping up to
> date docs for 3.2 kernel.

I have added that to

http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/page/LEDs/

This is also the recommended way of documenting it. Just a second
section in the documents of the gta04-kernel project.

The support for the 2.6.32 kernel will end some time in the future
and then we can remove the old descriptions (they will stay in
the "old revisions archive").