[Gta04-owner] Front cover 3D print

Alexander Lehner lehner at edv-buero-lehner.de
Fri Mar 9 00:18:23 CET 2012

On Thu, 8 Mar 2012, Lukas Märdian wrote:

> Ah, I forgott:
>
> Glass and/or iron are not possible due to detail limitations.
>
> I designed the case to fit a min. wall thickness of 0.7 mm. Glass and
> iron need at least 3mm which isn't possible with this design.
>
> I deactivated all materials at the Shapeways site which doesn't fit the
> detail of the design.

A little off-topic:
Needless to say that a iron/glass cover is useless. But the item I ordered
in glass seemed to have structures of about 1mm.
I also designed some own things and they were refused due to structures
below 1mm or so, using the simple white plastic.
But the clamps of the battery cover that you've designed seem to have way
much finer structures. How does this work then?

Apart from that 3D printing is such a cool thing and I started to like
working on this ;)

A.