[Gta04-owner] [Shr-Devel] fsogsmd and om-gta04

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Wed Mar 7 00:43:36 CET 2012

"Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli" <GNUtoo at no-log.org> writes:

> hi,
> all GTA04 revisions have an option modem, but at least 2 things are lacking:
>  * CLCC polling: it seem to poll somehow but it doesn't work and doesn't send
> the notification when the call ends.

In case you're not already aware of it, the GTA04 list is discussing
this.

>  * DTMF fails to work: in the AT manual (27007-3d0.doc ) it says that +VTS
> doesn't expect a response, and indeed in the option modem it seem not to
> expect that. So I tried to remove what makes fsogsmd wait for a response but I
> failed:

I did some DTMF experiments with oFono and got strange results which I
don't understand yet.  I haven't yet rechecked, but I think this is what
happened:

- With Radek's gta04-gsm-voice-routing program running (and in a call),
  the oFono SendTones() call appeared to do nothing.  I think the log
  showed either that the +VTS command was not sent to the modem, or that
  there was no response.

- In another call, _without_ gta04-gsm-voice-routing running, the
  SendTones() call generated the expected tone.

Just in case that suggests anything...

        Neil