[Gta04-owner] Modem is not reset when GTA04 is powered off

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Mon Mar 5 23:00:27 CET 2012

On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 21:11:51 +0000
Hi,

Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net> wrote:
> - In theory, if the system crashed and/or the kernel did not shut down
>   cleanly (- which is something I've never yet seen -) such that the
>   GPIO was not toggled, the modem could be left powered on, even with
>   much of the rest of the phone looking "off".

Hmm, what about keeping that gpio in a state such the modem
should be switched off if it is set to low (which happens
automatically if the rest of the phone is off.
so for turning on do something like this (pseudocode):
gpio186=1
if (!option_usb_exists_after_timeout()) {
  gpio186=0;
  delay();
  gpio186=1;
  delay(); // here it should appear
  gpio186=0;
  delay();
  gpio186=1
}

I think I will test that in the next days.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade