[Gta04-owner] Modem is not reset when GTA04 is powered off

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Mon Mar 5 20:11:27 CET 2012

While testing sending DTMF tones a few days ago, I discovered that the
modem isn't reset when GTA04 is powered off.  It appears that the
battery has to be taken out.

To be precise,

- I called my other mobile phone, as part of testing DTMF tone sending

- I didn't properly notice or check whether that call had terminated,
  but I assumed that it would be next time I rebooted

- then I got distracted by something else, which involved rebooting the
  phone, several times over a 2-3 hour period

- at the end of the evening, I powered off and pulled out the battery,
  and _then_ the screen of my other phone came on and said "Call Ended".

So the call had stayed up, from the network's point of view, for the
whole evening, even through several GTA04 reboots.

Should "poweroff" somehow reset the modem?  Other thoughts?

       Neil