[Gta04-owner] Updates for 3.2-gta04 kernel.

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Fri Mar 2 22:03:52 CET 2012

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 19:00:16 +1100 NeilBrown <neilb at suse.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 08:46:15 +1100 NeilBrown <neilb at suse.de> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 11:30:03 +0000 Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net>
> > wrote:
>
> > > Any thoughts?  It's not urgent; I can always revert to the previous
> > > kernel for the time being.
> >
> > If you find time for a bit of experimenting, it might be useful to know:
>
> Actually, don't bother.  I had a bit of a look my self and found something
> very silly that almost certainly explains the problem.
> I want to do a bit more exploring and testing before I push out a fix, so
> just revert to the previous kernel for now.

OK, you can try again.

I've just pushed out a new 3.2-gta04 with a few fixes.

  git://neil.brown.name/gta04 3.2-gta04

The USB networking should work the same as before - I found what I broke and
fixed it.

I have a recurring problem where the GTA04 won't stay asleep.  It wakes
immediately after suspending with no real indication why.  I spent a good
deal of time trying to figure out why to little avail.  I've added a couple
of patches which seemed to make a difference once, but not always.

I also spent a while looking at rotating the display.  I can boot with a
rotated display and see the penguin on is side, but the X server crashed.
And I haven't been able to rotate-90deg while running.

I've "fixed" the AUX and Power buttons so that you don't lose and event on
wakeup - previously a process reading the relevant /dev/input/eventX file
would not see the button press that woke the device.  This is fairly
important for me as it is the button press that turns on the screen for me.

The power button ends up sending a double-press.  I know why this is but I
haven't found a way to fix it that I am really happy with.  So I left it
reporting a double-press for now.

Charging while suspended definitely works so you can get over 400mA flowing
into the battery - maybe more (it is hard to measure).

NeilBrown