[Gta04-owner] Is It Possible To Connect A Larger Display To The GTA04?

Alexander Ross abushcrafter at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 16:27:36 CET 2012

> > On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Alexander Ross <abushcrafter at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > So is it possible to connect a larger display (If so what resolution?)
> > > to the GTA04 with a USB or BlueTooth keyboard and the screen for a
> > > track-pad and portable speakers for sound with bass :). So one could
> > > then have a portable computer thing.
> >
> > On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 23:26:36 +0100 , Christoph Mair <christoph.mair at gmail.com> wrote:
> > You could use an USB graphics card. This is probably the simplest way
> > to attach a larger display. Keyboard and sound can also be attached
> > using a powered USB hub.
> > If you have enough knowledge of electronics you can also try to attach
> > a display, either using the display connector (it will be very
> > difficult to find a matching cable) or using the exposed expansion
> > connector pads (not recommendet at all!).
> >
> > I would try the USB based solution. If you prepare the USB hub with
> > graphics card, sound card and keyboard, mouse, ... then you just plug
> > in your phoenux to add computing power to the setup.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Christoph
>
> On Fri, 2 Mar 2012 10:13:32 +1100 , NeilBrown <neilb at suse.de> wrote:
> One problem with this setup is that while the USB port is in host mode it
> cannot power the phone (without serious kernel hackery, and the USB hub
> wouldn't be feeding power back to the OTG port in any case).
> So while it could work, I don't see it as a really useful solution.
>
> You could use bluetooth for audio, keyboard, mouse; use USB for power; and
> use the TV-out on the mini-phono port for video.  What is the max resolution
> for the TV-out??
>
> NeilBrown

My plan/hope was to connect it to a 10inch or a bit smaller battery
powered LCD screen.

https://www.alwaysinnovating.com/products/dualscreen.htm
http://www.reghardware.com/2012/02/08/review_toshiba_14_inch_usb_lcd_mobile_monitor/
(Not compatible.)
http://www.amazon.com/MIMO-UM-710S-Powered-Swivel-Display/dp/B002RMPASG
http://www.lilliputuk.com/
http://www.esaw.co.uk/catalog/10-inch-monitor/10-2-inch-tft-lcd-touch-screen-monitor-vga-composite
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=USB+10+inch+lcd+screen&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&prmd=imvns&ei=XuVQT6vYAcnO0QWP5pDkCw&start=10&sa=N

Ant there a power input for the GTA04 or have I forgotten that there
is only USB for a power input?

I guess I should say that I don't have a GTA04 but I am considering
it. Though I am a hardware newbie.