[Gta04-owner] Is It Possible To Connect A Larger Display To The Gta04?

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Fri Mar 2 00:13:32 CET 2012

On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 23:26:36 +0100 Christoph Mair <christoph.mair at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Alexander Ross <abushcrafter at gmail.com> wrote:
> > So is it possible to connect a larger display (If so what resolution?)
> > to the GTA04 with a USB or BlueTooth keyboard and the screen for a
> > track-pad and portable speakers for sound with bass :). So one could
> > then have a portable computer thing.
>
> You could use an USB graphics card. This is probably the simplest way
> to attach a larger display. Keyboard and sound can also be attached
> using a powered USB hub.
> If you have enough knowledge of electronics you can also try to attach
> a display, either using the display connector (it will be very
> difficult to find a matching cable) or using the exposed expansion
> connector pads (not recommendet at all!).
>
> I would try the USB based solution. If you prepare the USB hub with
> graphics card, sound card and keyboard, mouse, ... then you just plug
> in your phoenux to add computing power to the setup.

One problem with this setup is that while the USB port is in host mode it
cannot power the phone (without serious kernel hackery, and the USB hub
wouldn't be feeding power back to the OTG port in any case).
So while it could work, I don't see it as a really useful solution.

You could use bluetooth for audio, keyboard, mouse; use USB for power; and
use the TV-out on the mini-phono port for video.  What is the max resolution
for the TV-out??

NeilBrown