[Gta04-owner] Beta Tester's Report on SHR

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Thu Mar 1 20:45:29 CET 2012

>GPS
>I only see a blank screen with some zeroes at the bottom and a 2000km
>measuring stick above. Even after minutes with an external antenna this
>doesn't change. Is there an easy way to find out if the GPS module of my
>GTA04 is functioning at all? Remember: QtMoko also didn't give me any GPS
>coordinates.
GPS isn't supported yet on SHR for the gta04.
I tried to add support for it but then I realized that when that you echo 0
and then 1 to the sysfs node it would:
 * start the GPS if it's off
 * stop the GPS if it's on
And the only way to know if it's on or off is to read from gpsd.

I asked morphis(Simon Busch) what was the best way to do it since it's a bit
tricky to do it cleanly in FSO, he said that he would think about it.

I'm still waiting for him for the result of his thinking....

>Calls
>Neither could I make calls nor could I receive calls. That was exactly the
>behaviour I expected, because up to this time SHR never had asked me for
>my PIN. But where on earth shall I enter it??
could you investigate more (/var/log/fsogsmd.log) ?

Also calls's audio is not perfect yet, I've to:
 * add a better waiting-for-modem code.
 * look at CPU usage.
 * add echo cancelation(I think I'll go for oslec).

>Internet
opkg install linux-firmware to get wifi working.

Denis.