[Gta04-owner] My new GTA04 from Shapeways

Lukas Märdian lukasmaerdian at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 29 23:30:23 CEST 2012

On 29.06.2012 11:40, Radek Polak wrote:
> Hi,
> i have also ordered case from Shapeways. My first idea was to have it in czech
> national colors, but they didnt have blue color. But even without blue the
> phone is very nice. Here are pictures and video:
>
> https://picasaweb.google.com/114961040002008630266/ShapewaysGTA04Case
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZZRX5KnGeo

Congrats, looks like you're the first daily user of my case design! I
hope you'll have a lot of fun with it. The colors you've chosen look
really cool.

Today I could take a look at Christoph's case, which was printed in
plain black. This looks really cool as well.

> I had to grind away some material so that GPS antenna fits in. I also used
> Orbit chewing gum to fill the hole around earpiece.

Yes, those are the parts, which are already modified to fit the new
components from the GTA04 CaseKit [0] once it becomes available.

> The phone is now fully working. To my surprise even the earpiece has contact
> and works. AUX is not very comfortable to press, but QtMoko does not need it
> for anything so this is not problem.
>
> I think Lukas did very good job with the case desing, many thanks and I like
> the Shapeways shop, it was very pleasant experience.
>
> I hope the new case will serve me good and long. I am now really hapy and
> excited about it.

[0] http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=GTA04%3ACase%20Kit

Cheers,
  Lukas