[Gta04-owner] [Neil Jerram] Re: QTMoko v45 bugs

Gabor Laszlo glaszlo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 09:14:28 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 27, 2012 05:27:37 PM Gabor Laszlo wrote:
>
>> I enabled logging and got
>> /usr/sbin/pppd: the remote system (dialup6542625957) is required to
>> authenticate itself but I couldn't find any suitable secret password
>> for it to use to do so.
>
> For me i had to always enter some dummy username and password in order to have
> gprs working...

At the setup dialog I set the gprs parameters for my network provider
(APN,user, pwd), they are in the settings file.

>> at the very least toggling the keyboard on and off should be one
>> click, and it should remember its state
>
> Sure. Btw there is icon for this on top bar, but this icon is sometimes not
> enabled. E.g. when you write SMS it's there but in terminal it's hidden. It's
> easy to fix it so that it's always visible:
>
>         nano /opt/qtmoko/etc/themes/finxi/title.xml
>
> find line with "inputmethods-plugin" and remove the "active" attribute. I did
> it already in git [1] so it will be part of v46.

Thanks, I'll try that

> Btw if you need just qwerty keyboard you can simple remove the other layout:
>
>        rm /opt/qtmoko/etc/im/svgkbd/abc.svg
>
> After restart you will have just qwerty.

I fugured that, I just hoped there'd be some way to set the default
and/or that it would remember my choice.

--
We are born wet, naked and hungry.
Then things get worse.